ORFEUS - Next Steps
Version 1.5 for Sales & Purchase and TAF Consignment Order
- New ECN message format version and new message flow will enable the new Sales & Purchase model, where also carriers in role 2 (sub-contracting) and role 3 (traction providers) are involved.
- This flow will ensure that carriers will have different data access and functional options depending on their role in the transport.
- New flow will also cover the TSI TAF requirements for RUs for the "Consignment Order Message" function. The intention is to accept ECOM as TAF TSI sector message to replace the original COM.
- Message ECOM will inform carriers in role 2 or 3 or relevant applicants about a paperless transport they are involved in, used as commercial subcontracting order.
- Additional improvements are:
Migration from CTD to ECN message format
- CTD is the oldest and obsolete message format and it does not allow to transmit all information from the CIM consignmnent resp. CUV wagon note.
- Therefore the members were aked to migrate to newer message format before end of 2016.
- Most of the members migrated already, just few are pending and should migrate asap.
- ECTD, PCN and ECN message flows are realised in the ORFEUS application (all use the ECN message format just with another functional role).
- It is requested to migrate at least to ECTD message and flow (if not directly to ECN flow, see below).
Electronic Consignment Note implementations
- ECN format in ECN flow is used between several partnes to run paperless transports already:
- DBCDE and SNCF since 2014 (for most of their bilateral transports and aslo for part of transports from France transitting via Germany and vice versa - with print of consignment notes before leave of the "ECN area" so using ECN and PCN scenarios)).
- MRI and SNCF (for part of bilateral traffic), in production from mid 2015 using the ECN and ECTD flows.
- CDC and DBCDE (for empty wagons between Czechia and Germany), since October 2017.
- Other partners are expected to run paper,less transports through ORFEUS too.
Other Railway Undertakings are going to join ORFEUS in near future:
- HZ Cargo (Croatia) are also member of the ORFEUS assembly and receive messages from ORFEUS. They are expected to join ORFEUS production too.
- RCA and DBCDE intend to migrate bilteral exchange of CIM/CUV data to ORFEUS, but they are wainting for the simplified message exchange scenario.
- Doughters of DB Cargo outside Germany are being connected to ORFEUS through system of DBCDE, the intention is to cover all DBC subsidiaries.
- Several subsidiaries of other former national railways will also start use ORFEUS too.
Extending the service towards CIM/SMGS
RailData developed, based on legal and functional requirements set by the CIT also the ECN message specifications (based on the ECN version 1.4) for the CIM/SMGS consignment note.Works were carried out in collaboration with the Organization for Co-operation of Railways (OSShD) and several SMGS Railways. Aim of this activity was to enable data exchange between CIM and SMGS railway carriers with option to run these transports paperless.
Attached electronic documents
Latest development in ORFEUS allows to attach documents electronically to the ORFEUS message. Attachments are coded into a character string and decrypted at the receiver's side to pdf-format. Additional a mailing & web download process ensures the interoperability with older message versions. This new feature is implemented in the ECN message version 1.42.
Raildata participates on the telematics working group of UNECE. The goal is the development of a paper independent transport of dangerous goods.