New ORFEUS version 1.5
Basel, 20.9.2020 - RailData is implementing new version 1.5 of the ORFEUS message called Electronic Consignment Note (ECN). Same time also new message flow (scenario for exchange of functional messages) will be introduced.
The new version delivers:
- Support for the new commercial “sales & purchase” model, where contractual (or successive) carriers can order transport services not only from substitute carriers (so called role 2), but also from traction providers (role 3),
- Use of new TAF location codes structure,
- Simplified integrity and acceptance rules for processing of received messages,
- New customs procedure codes of the CIM consignment note
- Deletion of wagon will be possible during message exchange
- Repetition of carriers with same company code will be possible
- A marker will be added in the CDS for the processing of ISR events
- Messages may be sent to carriers in role 3 also via ftp or email (as pdf file)
In addition, the electronic consignment order message (for carriers in role 3) is in due consideration to be accepted as sector message to replace the TAF TSI consignment order message.
New flow is rather simplified, since some not used or not needed message types were removed. On the other hand, new message types were added to support the carriers in role 3.
New message version and flow is installed on ORFEUS test system already and move to production is expected before end of this year.