ISR - Next steps
Some other railway undertakings intend to join the ISR system too:
- HZ Cargo (Croatia): connection is realised in the direction from ISR to HZ Cargo, sending of data in opposite direction is expected too.
- Several other doughter companies of existing Users will be connected to ISR too.
Companies with interest to join the ISR community may investigate possibilities of possible funding from the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA).
Migration to latest WSM version
Some ISR Users run the old version 04, which will be no more maintianed after mid of 2021.
- The latest and most comprehensive WSM message version 05 is realised in the central system and is used by majority of Users.
- It allows to transmit correct country (2 digits) and company (4 digits) codes, as well all types of new events and information blocks (e.g. about wagon mileage and about estimated latest time of arrival from Xrail).
- This version is suggested for all newcomers to connect to ISR.
- Pending members of ISR are invited to migrate from older WSM versions to the latest version 5.
- New version 06 is going to be designed in 2020. One of the main new features will be logical object oriented structure, human readable tags and also dual location data elements to cover legacy and primary codes.
Improvement of RTIS
The tool will be improved to provide better and more reliable information:
- Current algorhytm for linking between wagons and trains will be replaced with new, more reliable and comprehensive method. It will avoid any (seldom) wrong information about wagons, which were detached from train.
- Train running information processing will make better use of the list of carriers who transport a train.
Evolution of the Wagon mileage (km caculation) function
- Ongoing maintenance of the central tool for calculation of estimated km done ("mileage") by wagons
- Small improvements, integration of new mileage data sources, update of the distance tables
- Starting of mileage delivery to additional ISR users
Extension of the Web Manual Input
New functions can be offered:
- Wagon and train movement events can be captured and forwarded